Transfer your existing Canadian number to Rogers
We’ve made it easy to bring your phone number to Rogers from another Canadian service provider. Follow the steps below to get started.
Note: you’ll need a Rogers SIM and active temporary number to transfer your number.
1. Sign in to your MyRogers account.
2. Choose the temporary number you’re replacing, then select Manage.
3. Click the Transfer my existing phone number link in the blue banner on your Rogers dashboard or from the My wireless plan section.
4. Enter your existing Canadian phone number, then select Check eligibility to confirm that it’s eligible to transfer to Rogers. If it’s eligible, you’ll get a confirmation message.
Important! Don’t cancel your current service or remove your SIM card. The phone number you’re transferring to Rogers must be active to complete your transfer. Your existing service gets cancelled automatically when the transfer is finished. Only active mobile, landline or fax numbers are transferable.
5. Enter your details from the other service provider then select Continue.
If you’re transferring a mobile number:
Enter at least one of the following:
- Your account number
- Your password or PIN
- The ESN or IMEI number of your current wireless device. Click the for steps on how to find this.
6. Review the details of your transfer and check the consent box to authorize Rogers to transfer your number on your behalf. Then, select Submit.
7. You’ll get a confirmation when your request has been successfully submitted.
If you’re transferring a mobile number:
- You’ll also get a text message on the number you want to transfer. Reply Yes to the text within 90 minutes of receiving it to complete your transfer. If you don’t do this, your request will be cancelled. You’ll need to restart the process again to transfer your number.
- We’ll complete your transfer within 2.5 hours and send you a text message when the transfer is complete. If you don’t get a text after this time, restart your device.
- You can check the status of your transfer on your MyRogers Wireless dashboard.
If you’re transferring a landline, we’ll complete your transfer within 2 business days.
My transfer isn’t complete yet. Was it cancelled?
The transfer will be cancelled if:
- You reject the request by replying No.
- You fail to respond to the text message within 90 minutes.
- The information you provided is incorrect or not valid.
You must have your previous carrier’s SIM card in your phone to get the text message. If you don’t reply in time, contact us and we’ll send a new transfer request.
Can I keep my phone number if I move to a different city?
It’s possible to transfer your number outside your original local calling area. It’s important to be aware that all outgoing and incoming calls outside your former local calling area will be considered long distance. All applicable long distance charges will apply.
What if I need to do a landline-to-wireless transfer?
- Landline-to-Wireless transfers may take longer depending on the complexity of the number transfer from your current provider.
- If you have an alarm system connected to your landline, you must deactivate it before the transfer.
- If you’re with an internet service provider that connected you to the internet through the telephone line, your previous provider will deactivate this service.
Can I keep my phone, or should I get a new one?
It’s completely up to you! Both options are available.
- If you bring your own phone to Rogers, you’ll need to get a Rogers SIM card.
- You can also get a new phone when you order from us.
You’ll receive a temporary number with your new Rogers service and then can proceed with the port in instructions.
Will my existing Rogers voicemail reset during the number transfer process?
Your voicemail service might be reset during the transfer. It’s best to retrieve all your messages before starting a transfer request. Please go here to learn how to save your voicemails.
If you set up your Rogers voicemail (i.e. recorded a greeting) before your number was transferred, you’ll need to set it up again after the number is transferred.